General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fully controlling the Air Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fully controlling the Air Suspension?

I seem to be in the minority of people who's air suspension actually works, so I figured I'd try to change that. Is there a way to fully control the suspension? I can select access/crawl mode, as well as low driving, standard driving, and high driving modes through the EAS just like normal. What I'm wondering is, is there a way to get it to go into Extended high mode without actually hitting the chassis on the ground? It'd be nice to get the extra 1.25" of clearance at some points. Oh, its a '98 HSE if it matters. Thanks!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There isn't a built in way to select the extended profile setting. You can modify the EAS settings with EASunlock but I wouldn't recommend it. Why do you want the extra clearance? The reason it isn't selectable is it greatly increases the chance of a rollover.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ldivine
There isn't a built in way to select the extended profile setting. You can modify the EAS settings with EASunlock but I wouldn't recommend it. Why do you want the extra clearance? The reason it isn't selectable is it greatly increases the chance of a rollover.
It's just one of those things that would be nice to have when needed, like crossing a deep section of water. The higher up I can go, the better.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

[quote=ldivine;124372]There isn't a built in way to select the extended profile setting. You can modify the EAS settings with EASunlock but I wouldn't recommend it. Why do you want the extra clearance? The reason it isn't selectable is it greatly increases the chance of a rollover.[/quote]

Quite correct, you can change the existing height values via Rovercom or similar but you will likely cause a bag to unseat due to the additional extension. There are bags available to help with this (Arnott gen 3 for example) but they will also require the use of longer range shock absorbers, adjustment to the ride height sensor positioning and a whole slew of other fiddly modifications to make it all work.
Unless you are going for an off road trailblazer I wouldn't bother with all the aggravation simply to get across deep water, I'd look for a bridge.