General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello newbie here with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 05:28 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello newbie here with a few questions

Hi guys,

I recently bought a July 04 RR Vogue v8, and love the car , but have a few questions regarding a number of issues that I have noticed.
As RR ownership is new to me I wanted to get an idea of what the problems were before taking it into the dealers and then being told ' it is normal sir' and having no ammunition to disgaree. Anyway the things I have noticed and would like to clarify whether or not they are potential problems are as follows.

1) Steering judder when pulling away with steering lock on, it is noticeable when going around roundabouts as well, but most pronounced when pulling away with steering wheel turned.

2). Squeaky suspension - over every bump there is a squeaking from the suspension - only audible with window down but annoying enough to keep window up!

3) At low speeds (or at least only audible at low speeds, maybe road noise at higher speeds masks the sound) there is a wirring noise coming from the car. I am not at all car minded but am guessing that this could be coming from the diiferential - does this sound feesible or am I wrong with my diagnosis.

4) Steering wheel shakes under braking - this is only very moderate and doesn't occur all the time. When it does occur it is only evident at the very first part of braking then it dissappears.

The car has only done 9000 miles and has only had 1 owner, if this helps in diagnosis. I bought the car privately outside the dealer network, but there is off course a warranty on the car and would like to make sure all problems are fixed uner warranty.
You help/input would be greatly appreciated and I look froward to following these boards.

Kind regards

Paul

Old 02-13-2006, 06:53 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hello newbie here with a few questions

The whirring noise is the differentials and all 4WD vehicles make that noise, suspension can be different things, if it's under warranty go ahead and have them look at it. Steering wheel shudder during braking could be a wheel balance, or brake rotor issue. Not very major unless it becomes more severe. Not sure about the steering lock though, might want to get that checked.