General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intermittant a/c fault 1998 HSE Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 03:48 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intermittant a/c fault 1998 HSE Range Rover

My a/c fault light, on the a/c control panel, comes on every other time I start my rover up. Dealer wants 150 bucks just to put the computer on it. Wondering if you guys have any ideas.

Old 01-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Drifting
Default RE: intermittant a/c fault 1998 HSE Range Rover

Are you referring to the picture of the book with the exclamation point? Have you noticed if your blowers feel normal or if the ac or heat seems right? let me know your symptoms- thanks, Rusty

Old 01-30-2005, 01:02 PM
4wd Low

Yeah the book with exclamation point is what pops up. Everything seems to be working very well. The blowers are strong and blow hot and cold air. Its just weird how the light comes on only every once in a while.

Old 01-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Drifting

The most common fault in the panel is the blend door motors, they are sold as a trio of motors. The dash must come out. About a 700.00 job. I would wait for the light to stay on at all times, unless it bothers you. Thanks.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Winching
Default RE: intermittent a/c fault 1998 HSE Range Rover

Rusty is correct, usually blend door motors. But it could be many other things. This HVAC system is from Valeo, A French Company. There are about four updates to the system also. If it works OK ignore it. Most repairs are big bucks !

Land Rover charges the dealer $15,000 for each computer plus $1,000 per year for maintenance. Hence the $150 diag charge.

Bait

Old 05-18-2006, 02:34 AM
5th Gear

Im having this same issue but my blowers are barely blowing. Its sounds like its working but u cant fel the air. any ideas?

Old 05-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

ORIGINAL: 37chambers

My a/c fault light, on the a/c control panel, comes on every other time I start my rover up. Dealer wants 150 bucks just to put the computer on it. Wondering if you guys have any ideas.
That is not bad, when you consider how much a shop without the right testing equipment will charge you after they throw in 3 or 4 parts that weren't needed.
Maybe if you had to pay $30,000 for a test book, you would appreciate why dealers charge what they do.
Mike

Old 06-15-2006, 02:04 AM
5th Gear

This issue is a 15$ fix. Its a blown relay. If you have dirty pollen filters the blower motor works to hard and blows the relay. If you go to any auto part store the part number for the relay is R3020 If you look in the fuse/relay box under the hood passanger side its the first yellow relay. Look for the fan on the map. If you dont change the filters the new one will blow in a week or so. You can also get the filters at any auto part store. I live in MO and they had them at the store in an hour. Your local dealer will tell you that they cant get the relay any other place than at the dealership. Hes a liar. I hope this helps someone.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:03 AM
Winching

ORIGINAL: IconDrummer

This issue is a 15$ fix. Its a blown relay. If you have dirty pollen filters the blower motor works to hard and blows the relay. If you go to any auto part store the part number for the relay is R3020 If you look in the fuse/relay box under the hood passanger side its the first yellow relay. Look for the fan on the map. If you dont change the filters the new one will blow in a week or so. You can also get the filters at any auto part store. I live in MO and they had them at the store in an hour. Your local dealer will tell you that they cant get the relay any other place than at the dealership. Hes a liar. I hope this helps someone.
I stand corrected. Icon has the fix!...

Old 06-14-2007, 06:40 PM
1st Gear

ive got a 98 hse and ive noticed similar posts, but no one ever mentions something that is happening in my rr. the book and ! come on, but the temperature(outside) says 32 degrees even when its 100. it takes several minutes and then once the outside temperature is over 34 (even though its actually much warmer outside) the a/c will finally kick on. it has done this in summer and winter, just more unbearable in the summer, when you are trying to cool the car down quickly. it doesnt do it every time, but at least half. any advice would help. a land rover dealer in florida mentioned that there was maybe a recall issue with problem. thanks.
frank

Quick Reply: intermittant a/c fault 1998 HSE Range Rover