General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess if you can turn off the fans and the A/C then that would be good enough. I have never needed to turn mine all the way off though.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No the motor shuts off when the car is off, and I dont have the book signal. It really is not a big deal to me, I just thought come summer when their is cool days I like to open the windows and roof, and I have always in the past shut the system off when I open the windows. Questions when you want to turn the ac compressor off using the button is it off when the light is on or off? I assume the compressor is off when the light is lit.

Thanks!

Old 03-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the orange light on the "A/C OFF" button is lit, the A/C is off and the HVAC is in a semi auto mode. The HVAC Auto Temp Control (ATC) still tries to maintain the set temperature without the assitance of the A/C though. If you see the light flash for a few seconds, it is just the ATC telling you that it can't adjust the temperature without the help of the HVAC A/C.

If the HVAC is in AUTO mode, and you adjust any of the air distribution buttons or the fan speed, it drops to a semi auto mode with the A/C still running but you manually controlling where the air goes and how fast. AUTO will disappear from the HVAC display.

So... to effectively stop the A/C and fans, press the "A/C OFF" button (solid or flashing orange light) and keep winding the fan speed control button anti-clockwise until there are no fan speed bars on the HVAC display.

Hope this helps, cheers
Paul.