General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's Help Land Rover: How Would You Improve the Range Rover?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Let's Help Land Rover: How Would You Improve the Range Rover?

I agree with snowdude. Bring back the defender!!!
And... scrap the LRX....the hideous un-Land Rover-esque vehicle.
Auto/keyless start would be nice too.
Ipod connection is a must (pretty sure they wont leave it out on the next version).

Old 01-08-2009, 01:31 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MadDawg: what year RR are you in? I've got separate lock/unlock & reading lights, did that go away as time went on?

iPod instead of stacker? I dunno about that one, if you're into sound quality CDs are still better than MP3 (depending on the write format of course), but it will prbably be added in anytime now. (My Rover even still has tape, so no reason to take stuff away really). 6 Disc in dash is good, I like it there (glove bow is kinda far away).

I can't say I agree with selling a stripped down bare bones version of the Range Rover. Range Rover is the bench mark in luxury, fully capable SUVs & I think that having a 'lesser version' of the flag ship Rover takes away from the bench mark status. If you want a stripper Rover I think you buy an older Range Rover or a different Rover all together.

My mum pointed out today: memory settings associated with your keys! The STS has keys associated with the memory settings (as well as valet keys & settings of course) so it would be nice if I didn't have to push my memory number.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Faymester

MadDawg: what year RR are you in? I've got separate lock/unlock & reading lights, did that go away as time went on?
I have a 2008 FFRR. I have only one button that locks and unlocks. I wish there was two, one that locks only and the other that unlocks. I got front lights, which I guess can be reading lights, but when I had my mercedes, I had low ambient lights that were made specifically for reading. I guess I miss some of the features I had in my mercedes.....

Old 01-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Drifting
Default RE: Lets Help Land Rover: How Would You Improve the Range Rover?

Forgot one:
Turbo diesel. Why can't we get these in the US???? Maybe a V10 like the Tuareg. Mainly for the improved mileage/range.

And as far as "stripped down", I guess I should restate: washable floors and seat covers instead of leather and carpet; stainless steel or carbon fiber trim instead of glossy wood; flat black trim instead of chrome and gold. Utility exterior colors instead of glossy black. Basically, an XD style Range Rover designed for expeditions/camping rather than trips to the local mall and soccer field.

CDs are dead. The coffin lid is falling. Why would I bother with 75-minute plastic disks I have to deal with, when I can carry weeks worth of music/books/podcasts/etc. on MP3, and maybe even have it run my phone through the handsfree at the same time? Sure, maybe the sound isn't QUITE as good - but I'm in a car, not a concert hall.

Oh, and a few external cameras (underneath, for example) that hook up to the nav computer would be nice.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes dependability,less plastic looking dash , Alcantera head liner, as well as on the seating. More color choices on interior.Better power plant (engine). More then 2 versions of the engine. Hybrid? or alternative fuel. The go anywhere vehicle that you can count on to not only get you there, but be there for you when ever you need it. I love my Rovers and deal with them as they are but how about heading towards the top of the list for reliability not flirting with the bottom.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:47 PM
Three Wheeling

Luxury1 & skyguy make good points on the reliability, Rover should do more than just get you there. With my Lexus, even if it's 'broken' it still works extreemly well, it has never even threatened to leave me stranded.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:44 PM
4wd Low

lifetime warranty which covers labor.