General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to buy a P38....

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like it's been fairly beat.

HVAC - sounds like the blower motor for the passenger side is shot or a blend motor problem. The LCD display on the HVAC can be fixed if it just burned out but it's a bit of a PITA. A new one is ungodly expensive, a used one while still expensive you can find.

Whomever did the coil conversion didn't install the pigtail to properly fool the EAS system. You can get this part from Rover Renovations.

SRS - could be a number of things, might need a testbook.

A 4.0SE I doubt would have factory NAV - that cubby is usually empty with a cupholder attachment inserted. Looks like some wires hanging out - might be from some gadget the prior owner had installed to the aftermarket radio.

Headliner can be replaced, could be a DIY if you are patient, or have a shop do it if you are not.

The general interior/cleanliness condition of the truck makes me kind of leery about the mechanical maintenance.

$2200 sounds fair if not a little high with that many issues. Hard to say, used car markets vary widely from one area to another.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be rough but may still be a decent deal. I would offer $2K and see what he says. I am more than willing to bet the bulbs are out on the HVAC display which is common. The EAS lights can be fixed or lived with since you have the coils, if it beeping and showing a fault that is a little more annoying.

Cash is king and you could pick up a decent Rover and drive it for years with very little to no problems.