General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for the outside air temp sensor

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

If AC is currently inoperative, and sensor will be delayed, conside temporary attachment of an 6.8 K ohm (6800 ohm) resistor from Radio Scrap, this would fool the unit into thinking that ambient was above above 90F.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Sensor ordered online

I just ordered a new ambient sensor online and it should be here by the end of the week.

I'll post after it's installed and see if that alone fixes the AC problem.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Mudding
Default New parts in.......Still trouble

I just installed the new RR original part but no problem solved. The new part is the correct RR part, but it's the new version of the old part.

I did however have to create an adapter to fit the new "smaller" ambient sensor.

THe book symbol is still on the screen and the outside air temp shows 62 degrees. It's reall 90 degrees, and the new ambient sensor did nothing the fix the AC problem. I took some shots of the old and the new with the adapter that fits perfectly at the sensor locaton.

Anyone have ideas on what to try next, but I hpe it's not to replace the AC control center.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Mudding
Default Old and new and adapter

Here is the old and new

Attached Thumbnails Looking for the outside air temp sensor-picture-036.jpg   Looking for the outside air temp sensor-picture-038.jpg   Looking for the outside air temp sensor-picture-037.jpg  
Old 09-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Mudding
Default Great News!!

Last month I changed the ambient sensor but nothing changed, I took it for a 10 mile round trip drive and still nothing changed.

Today is First Friday at our Catholic church and we went in the RR because it has been sitting unused until I decided what to do next. I was looking at replacing the AC control Center, because temp here in south Louisiana today is still in the 90-95 degrees and the ambient sensor on the way to church says 62 degrees.
It was mild outside because last night we had a cooling rain and the RR needed to run so I talked my wife into using the RR to drive the 10 miles to church.
It was 93 on the radio but as we parked the temp on the dash said 62.

We sat in prayer for one hour and got back in the RR to go home. When I started the engine, I noticed the temp on the dash said 90 instead of 62 and the "Book" symbol was gone now.
As the AC fans came on it started cooling instantly. I looked at the dash and the miles was on 19.9. We drove another 20 miles around town and the AC worked great the whole time.
WE stopped to fill the gas tank and I worried the Book would come back on restart but it didn't.
WE drove home in cold AC air and thanked the Lord for any pity he took on the RR.

Was it the extra miles that made the AC work or did we have help from above.

Either way I'm thankful and cool again....

Old 09-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

looks like your confession took.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bishop

Today is First Friday at our Catholic church and we went in the RR because it has been sitting unused until I decided what to do next...

Either way I'm thankful and cool again....
I don't mean any disrespect, Your Most Reverend Excellency, but what is First Friday at your Catholic Church? We don't celebrate one at mine. Do you schedule a special penitential day on the first Friday of certain months, if many parishioners request confession? Or maybe a special day of atonement for blasphemies against the Sacred Heart of Jesus? I apologize because I know it is way off-topic, but I was just curious.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:27 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Savannah,

Does this work the same way on the D2? I was under the impression that there was a small opening to the left of the steering column with a sensor on the dash close to the dash light dimming control **** that sampled the interior temperature to control the A/C system.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Mudding
Default In Louisiana

Here in Louisiana, we sit in prayer for one hour on the first Friday of each month to ask for help where needed for sick friends and family and thank GOD for the good things in our lives.

The church sits aside the Chapel all day each first Friday for anyone who wants to come in for one hour in silence to pray.

I hope he hears us all....

Old 09-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bishop
Here in Louisiana, we sit in prayer for one hour on the first Friday of each month to ask for help where needed for sick friends and family and thank GOD for the good things in our lives.

The church sits aside the Chapel all day each first Friday for anyone who wants to come in for one hour in silence to pray.

I hope he hears us all....
Yes, I agree that I hope he hears all our prayers. A Friday gathering does seem like a good custom, especially to find solace and celebrate thanks. In Roman Catholic Churches in dioceses that I've lived, we celebrate Mass each Friday and schedule confessions. I guess maybe the different Friday practice stems from the French influence in Louisiana. Or, maybe it's just that here up North, we need more than one hour of prayer on the first Friday of each month to ask for God's help ? Truth in sarcasm... When I'm in Louisiana again, I'll try to find a local parish in which to participate in prayer. It can't hurt .

Quick Reply: Looking for the outside air temp sensor