General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud Buzzing Noise around 50 mph, Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud Buzzing Noise around 50 mph, Please Help

I need someone to please tell me what is making a buzzing noise in my car. It sounds like its coming from under the hood or behind the dash. It only makes buzzing noise when I am driving 50 mph or so. I've checked and from what I can see nothing seems to be loose. It really sounds like an electric motor or something? maybe its not, I do know that my car is in excellent condition and has only 53,000 miles on it. Its a 2000 Range Rover 4.6 HSE. Coincidently I got my oil changed earlier in the day, not sure if they did something. I wouldnt think accidental, maybe purposely or well I wouldnt put it past them, thats for sure. Who knows, Thanks
Oh and the car doesnt seem to be affect by this loud noise, but I dont want to drive it because it's pretty loud and just sounds like something is not working or working to hard? I mean it could be something loose but it doesn't sound like it although Range Rovers are pretty complicated, so I just need to know where to start eliminating possibilities? Again, Thank you in advance.
I know this is just a forum, but I'd like to make a donation to whomever can help me find this problem...

Old 04-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What side of the dash, the Center, Left, Right? It might be the wind vibrating/moving something as it comes through the air intake at the bottom of the wind screen. You might want to cycle some of your HVAC controls to make sure they are working properly. In either case you will probably have to take the dash apart which, might be a pain.