General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Battery warning on 2011 RR

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 02:10 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low battery start engine warning

i am having the exact same issue. frequent and seemingly impossible to replicate in one manner low battery start engine warning message since buying the vehicle. several trips to the dealer to fix under warranty. when it came back the issue would pop back up within a week. it was annoying, but never a problem. but now the battery has gone flat dead overnight. put a new battery in at a good shop about two months ago as it was due. also, about a week ago the alarm starting going off randomly, though it didn't the night the battery went dead.

Old 07-10-2015, 01:53 PM
1st Gear
Default Gerrr Fridays in the Heat!!

If the low battery warning shows its ugly face. Try this, Drive the vehicle for at least 30 minutes this will give the engine enough time to help recharge the battery. If this does not correct your battery issue see your dealer

Old 12-29-2015, 09:56 PM
2nd Gear

Folks,

After changing the rear brake PADS and rotors, I had the vehicle set to maintenance mode in order to set the new internal drums for the parking brake which needed the transmission in neutral to turn the rotor to access the mechanical setting. The radio was on while in maintenance mode and the effort took much longer than three minutes. Apparently, after three minutes, the ECU triggers the
"Low Battery please start vehicle" notice on the dash. To resolve, placed the vehicle on a 6 Amps trickle charger as I replaced the left rear rotor/pads and front brake pads ~ 2 hours. Then, tested the voltage while the trickle was on and indicated 15.2 V. So I thought everything would be allright and disconnected the trickle charger. Later, proceeded to test the new brake job and the vehicle will not allow to turn over. To my dismay, suffered the low battery indicator again, the voltage tested out at 12.8 V. I plan to leave the trickle on using the 2 AMP slow charge overnight per the members forum recommendations.

The RRS is a 2011, and so with the forum's multiple hits on the same year for the same problem, could have stumbled upon a software issue that is causing the ECU to set a state that can only be corrected by the dealer. Thoughts?

Last edited by cablespeed; 12-29-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:31 AM
2nd Gear

Follow-up:
The RRS is a 2011, and so with the forum's multiple hits on the same year for the same problem, could have stumbled upon a software issue......... Negative.
I charged the battery on 6Amp setting monitoring the voltage in real time. Once I achieved 13.4 V kept the charger on, entered the vehicle with both keys (not sure if this action contributed) then Proceeded to start the vehicle. At first, the system said to apply brake which I was, but since the caliper pistons were still adjusting I was unable to depress the brake to set the mechanical switch which then allowed the ECM to start the vehicle. Ran it for about 35minutes shut it down and went grocery shopping with high hopes. Upon return, it started up as expected.

Old 11-25-2020, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by puckett_jw
I got a 2011 RR about 6 months ago, and I have gotten a "Low Battery" warning very frequently since about the 1st week of having it. The dealership sean test after test & said that nothing was wrong. Then they said it was user error from me leaving the key in the car at night, so I started putting the key across the house. I still have the issue, so they said it was because I was not locking the car at night. I have had this issue for the past 3 mornings with the car locked & the key across the house. Now they are just saying that it is normal, so my question for you other 2011 RR, do you have this issue?
I changed my battery two months ago now its telling me low battery again i dont know whats going on