General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new to me 1000 dollar vitesse 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 09:59 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My new to me 1000 dollar vitesse 4.6

Happened to stumble upon this rare gem locally on Facebook marketplace. Seller purchased with the intent to use and did brakes, endlinks etc, then kind of stopped at the typical rover issues and put it up for sale. I was puzzled as the color and year indicated it being a vitesse but the interior wasn't black with red piping. Apparently, a handful of red vitesse came with lightstone and this was among the few.

The engine is bone dry and the fact that there is zero seepage save for a minute amount on the oil pan, plus the plugs and wires being newish looking and the fasteners for the valve covers looking like they were touched leads me to believe it had the head gaskets done somewhat recently

133k miles new, brakes not really working, apparently they said there is a leak on one of the rear hoses but I'm thinking an accumulator is needed as well. Eas fault due to coil conversion and typical sunroof not set warnings. No check engine light. Tiny coolant leak coming from hose at top of radiator- the nipple seems solid and the clamp wiggles so I think a regular worm gear style clamp will take care of that. Some clear coat fading in tailgate only, a few clear coat chips around one of the rear windows, and a couple small dings plus the typical issues with some of the interior clips being broken. Otherwise, it's damn clean. Think this one was a score...

Old 08-21-2017, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Looks like a nice one congrats

Old 08-21-2017, 10:05 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you, I'm pumped about it. It's the first of my 4 rovers that is actually nice enough that I can justify nitpicking all the little interior panel clips and things. I sort of live in the middle of nowhere so every once in a while it benefits me finding this type of thing. Usually, the options are garbage that the seller wants a premium for because options are slim.