General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP ASAP!!!....

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 04:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEED HELP ASAP!!!....

Hello,

I'm new to this forum but not new to Rover's.....I have 2 1995 Range Rover County's a LWB with 78K and a Classic with 94K. Anyways my problem is with my LWB, Here we Go!....

I have a overheating problem, well it hasnt over heated yet, but the needles has gotten up there close. The truck has 78K and when I drove it the other day (I just bought it) I was sitting in a drive thu and noticed the temp was creeeping up. No big deal right?, change the thermostat and I'm finished right?.....WRONG.....

I went as far as removing the thermostat all in all and the freaking thing STILL gets hot....argh!!! The coolant is fresh and clean, but it will come to a boil in the resevoir tank....I read on other thread and other forums to change the Radiator.....but at 78K miles??....there has to be an easier solution....

PLEASE HELP!!

Oh, I even thought there MIGHT have been an air bubble in the cooling system so I ran the truck with the resivoir tank open, no thermostat and it still boiled up.........F*CK.....

Old 08-27-2005, 06:15 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEED HELP ASAP!!!....

Do you know what area the car comes from? Does the kettle in your kitchen fur up badly? I had this problem here in the UK in a hard water area with a car i had, the Rad' completly fur'ed up! Non use of anti freeze will accelerate this.
I tried kettle cleaner and drain cleaner not much help. But i hear say that a very strong antifreeze solution, Glycol, can disolve it.

Dick

Old 08-28-2005, 10:16 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEED HELP ASAP!!!....

Did you test your water pump? Remove top hose when car is on (be careful have someone at hand ready to turn off car the moment it starts to spray you). IF no coolant is flowing your pump is probably out. Remove your radiator and flip it upside down. Flush it out with water and clean the front fins and rear with a high pressure hose. You might want to try routing it out with a hangar stretched out and runned through a rubber hose for protection. Route out the lines using this rubber hose with the coat hanger inside until you have cleared the obstruction. The alternative is having a professional radiator technician route it out for you. You don't want to know what a new radiator goes for. Just be careful and spray all nuts with Liquid Wrench a few minutes before unbolting the nuts from the radiator. I used pipe threading tape on my reservior tank and radiator cap to stop the leaks. It worked just fine. If you don't have the time to remove the radiator for a week or two run your front fans direct. Run a wire to the fuse box to a fuse that works only when the car is on. Clip it on there and run it to the fan. When you turn on your truck the fans will automatically be on. The moment you turn it off the fans will shut off. This will keep your truck cool. You might want to eliminate the thermostat reinstall in winter. Happy trails!