General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RAnge Rover or Qx56???

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 06:30 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RAnge Rover or Qx56???

HI everyone im looking to buy a new suv and im torn between the range rover and the Qx56. I've driven both and im leaning towards the Infiniti but i'd like some advice.

Old 08-16-2005, 02:42 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: RAnge Rover or Qx56???

See http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...iti/model=QX56 if you haven't already, and compare feedback with the RR. The vehicles are in different leagues, IMO. Many argue that the QX56 is a "better buy" in terms of bang for the buck, which I understand, but it's not a RR. My neighbor has the QX56 and it rattles. When we ride together in the RR, he is markedly envious. But to each his own. Good luck.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:06 AM
4th Gear

Yea, I already did the Edmunds thing but thanks for trying. THe Rattling issue you spoke of i did some research and the problem is only on the early 04 models i do understand that the car would have some problems since its nissans first shot at a large suv and it is a first year car. At first i thought about getting an RR sport but after i drove it i didnt really like it to be honest, for that much power and torque it should be tons faster and its not the most practical car but it does handle very nice crisp and percise but i think the Qx56 is a faster car (0-60 in 6.8 for motortrend). But i had friends who have own land rovers of such and with its reputation i do doubt the RR's relibility as well, I do know what you mean by It's not an RR and i dont really care if its bang for the buck or not i just want a good fullsize suv. Good as in handling performance Reliability practicality and passion. I guessing you know your car very well so can u tell me your gas mileage how the hse handles relibility practicality etc. i'de like to know from an owner

Old 08-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Three Wheeling

My first LR was a '97 Disco that I purchased new, and never had a problem with it. Recently traded it in on a new RR, and have 3500 miles on it in 3 months. So far no problems. I got the black with charcoal/jet luxury package. I think the biggest difference between Land Rover and other brands is the 4X4 factor. In my opinion, especially in terms of the RR, it's the reason for the pricing difference between other luxury brands. If you're not into off-roading, the Infinity is a good choice between the other brands. The QX is certainly big and powerful. If you need occasional extra seating, there is an after market jump seat you can buy for the RR that will match the interior...boosts seating to 7. The only answer is to give them both a good test drive, and go with your gut. Good luck.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:01 AM
4th Gear

Thanks for all the info and help everyone but after many long test drives and many sleepless nights i've finally made my decision. I went an 05' Silver Indulgence Qx56. Only one thing too complain about so far i hav 3700 miles on the car and my gas mileage is a little poor. I usually hav most if not all windows open and rev it hard just to hear the dam thing, im averaging currently 15mpg. Not bad but not good either I love the gadgets and how clever this thing is. But the Engine and performance are too die for! I have taken it minor offroading sorta did fine great grip good ground clearance. THe camera helps a ton and so does the power liftgate(couldnt live without both). The RR is a great car fabulous car but i dunno wasnt for me personally but its still a great car.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:38 PM
Three Wheeling

Congrats on the Infiniti. 15mpg sounds pretty good to me. My '05 RR (4.4L) is at 14.7mpg.