General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need a little help with the lights on my 04 HSE

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:12 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a little help with the lights on my 04 HSE

OK, hoping to get a little help on this one. First, I am in Canada. I bought an 04 RR HSE in the US 5 months ago. The dealer i bought it at activated the DRL's. Here is how they worked. with the car on and the light position in 'A' or off, the xenons were on and when the car went into Drive, the low intensity DRL's came on. After servicing the car in Canada, and complaining about the slow radio station tuning, the re wiring or whatever they did, now the xenons are never on and the DRL come on, only in gear. the only way to get the xenons on is to turn on the lights to position C.

ALSO, and i hope i am not nuts on this on, but (I have only had the car for 5 months) i don't remember having to turn on the lights at night to get my dash lights to come on. the dealership tells me that i do not have the AUTO lights on (on a car like this, is that not odd). I thought to myself, in five months I have never driven at night or in the dark? I guess not. Seems odd.

My questions are:

On an 04, do the lights, including the dash lights, come on automatically when it is dark?

What lights are on in the different positions A B and C?

thanks for any input and remember i am in Canada.