General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need replacement 6.5" subwoofers for 2001 Range Rover 4.6 HSE with Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:13 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need replacement 6.5" subwoofers for 2001 Range Rover 4.6 HSE with Navigation

My subwoofer stopped working a while ago, so I decided to take the enclosure apart and figure out the problem. One of the subwoofers was blown, and the other one seemed to be okay. I reconnected the wire from the Harman Kardon amplifier which was mounted to the bottom of the speakers, and I got sound out of both sets of wires using the good speaker. So, the amplifier seems to be okay.

Does anyone know a good source to get 2 new 6.5 subwoofers? I would prefer the factory ones since they have the screw holes on the bottom of the magnet to attach the amplifier. I checked with a Land Rover dealer, and they told me the subwoofers are not sold separately. You have to buy the complete subwoofer enclosure which is about $800.

Does anyone know the brand name of the factory subwoofer? There is nothing on it to identify the brand name or even the ohms. I checked some Ebay listings, and everyone is selling the enclosure which I don't need.

I've attached a pic of how the amplifier is attached to the subwoofers.

Any info on replacement subwoofers would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Need replacement 6.5" subwoofers for 2001 Range Rover 4.6 HSE with Navigation-img_1358.jpg  

Last edited by mdrangerover; 10-10-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:34 AM
1st Gear

I just put 6.5" door speakers in mine, sounds great. Crossovers built into the amp so theres no mid/high just low range that comes out.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
3rd Gear

What brand of speakers do you use and where did you get them? Thanks.

Originally Posted by qwik59
I just put 6.5" door speakers in mine, sounds great. Crossovers built into the amp so theres no mid/high just low range that comes out.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:33 PM
3rd Gear

Can anyone help with this? I bought a power amplifier (small black box - model AMR6356) off Ebay, but it doesn't work. It actually cuts the sound from the main stereo system. I've received mixed responses as to the correct model for replacement. One dealer said the AMR6356 was the power amplifier for the rear. I've seen the same type of black boxes on subwoofer enclosures on Ebay, but it doesn't seem to be the same one that I need.

Originally Posted by mdrangerover
My subwoofer stopped working a while ago, so I decided to take the enclosure apart and figure out the problem. One of the subwoofers was blown, and the other one seemed to be okay. I reconnected the wire from the Harman Kardon amplifier which was mounted to the bottom of the speakers, and I got sound out of both sets of wires using the good speaker. So, the amplifier seems to be okay.

Does anyone know a good source to get 2 new 6.5 subwoofers? I would prefer the factory ones since they have the screw holes on the bottom of the magnet to attach the amplifier. I checked with a Land Rover dealer, and they told me the subwoofers are not sold separately. You have to buy the complete subwoofer enclosure which is about $800.

Does anyone know the brand name of the factory subwoofer? There is nothing on it to identify the brand name or even the ohms. I checked some Ebay listings, and everyone is selling the enclosure which I don't need.

I've attached a pic of how the amplifier is attached to the subwoofers.

Any info on replacement subwoofers would be greatly appreciated.