General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new owner and member

Old 12-16-2009, 11:31 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new owner and member

Hello all,

I just picked up an 08 RR sport limited edition, and have some questions maybe some the experts can help.

1. when I set the suspension to "access mode", the car lowers and goes back to regular height at certain speed. i know this is normal, but it doesnt lower itself back to the lower setting, when i stop or park the car. shouldnt it lower for easy access? i've pressed the down arrow and held it until the "lock" is lit up.

2. I want to enable dvd in motion for the front screen, and have seen kits running around 300-600 bucks. Anyone here have it installed? any recommendations on brand?

thanks in advance!

Old 12-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The lock button is to ensure it will not pop back up automatically when it is restarted. Say your in a small garage and you have it in access mode. Go to start it and POW your roof is bent up. The P38 model (mine) has been known to sit on people while they are working on them, which is another reason why they installed the lock button. Why would it go back down? I mean you are right it does make sense, but think if you started driving it and it was raising and lowering itself all the way down the road at various speeds... Now wouldn't that be fun . There are several ways to enable DVD in the front, there is no need to buy a kit. All it needs is a software tweak. I believe the EU ones show DVDs while in motion, since they don't have the silly law protecting people from being hypnotized on the roads. In theory all you need to do is reprogram it with the NAS model software. Unless their laws and or policies have changed... Better double check.

Last edited by LRScott; 12-17-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:50 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your reply! been waiting all night for a response from someone.

i guess i misunderstood the easy access button. I'd figure if i press this button, it will lower the car everytime the engine is shut off or put in park. it would allow getting in and out of the car a whole lot easier, especially with a child.

regarding the dvd in motion. how does one go reprogram with a nas model software? i've searched the entire net, and wasnt able to locate a hack. I used to own a benz, and all that i have to do is entering the back door code, and enable dvd in motion option.