General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ordered a white range rover 2007 supercharged question

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:48 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ordered a white range rover 2007 supercharged question

I wanted to put a dvd player to my nav screen is this possible for the 2007 supercharged model?

Anything aftermarket?

Old 01-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default RE: ordered a white range rover 2007 supercharged question

I'm sure there is tons of aftermarket stuff out there., but it won't go in the nav screen, it'll be a head unit and most of those are disabled while the vehicle is in motion.

Old 01-15-2007, 06:04 PM
6th Gear

so is that a no to putting dvd capapbility in my nav screen?

Old 01-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Three Wheeling

Navtv.com or tvandnav2go.com
If you are having trouble going direct- take a look at "roveractive" 's ebay store. He sells the navtv piece for the 06 and 07 equipped with the optical crap. I think he sells for just under the retail. BTW, this is something you can install yourself. I thinnk the oddest tool I need was a torx screwdriver. Wait, was it an allen wrench? Well eitherway, just plug and play stuff if you have the HSE with rear DVD or the SC model.

I've included a poorpicture I of what i've done with mine, but you can get the idea. I put at 10.4 widescreen in the stock location, extended the optical and relocated the stock unit to the ceiling. No, I dont think its that smart to start chopping up a range... but its doen now and it work

Hope this helps!

Old 01-17-2007, 06:56 PM
6th Gear

Thanks for t he input I will buy from nattv. Also I was wondering if the 2007 RR is IPOD compatible or do I have to buy the rear seat Ent. package for that?

Old 01-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Three Wheeling

Your best bet for an Ipod interfacein a Range Rover is to plug it into the auxillary RCAinputs (those yellow, white and red plugs)that are on the center console, facing the rear seats.
Apple makes an RCA to IPOD cord, belkin and a host of other companies.
If you are doing this at home, I believe the most convenient way to do this is to
1.pull off the little panel that the RCA inputs are on,
2. remove one of the two sets auxillary inputs from the mounting on the panel (the bottom set is probably the smartest)
3. plug in the RCA to IPOD cord to the RCA you just dismounted,
4. run the cord up into the glove box (or anywhere else on the console that you want the ipod to sit and dont mind looking at the cord)- I think the make a retractable cord now, just fyi.
5.drill a small hole (Small hole to start, because you can always make it bigger and can't as easily go the other way),
6. feed the cord through and you should be good.
7. There is a input on the touch screenthat says AUX. Push that. Hit play on your ipod, you should be good to go.

IF you put in the NAV-TV piece, you may need to hit "TV/DVD" as opposed to the AUX to get the ipod.
Btw, you can play ipod videos and slideshowsvia the head unit if you have the nav -tv piece setup. I used to play it from the computer, but its just easier for me via the ipod because I manage it everyday.
This is from what I can remember and I wont be back in town till the weekend to look at the car...

Hope this helps
-tink