General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P38 `99DT Engine Disabled

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 10:57 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy P38 `99DT Engine Disabled

Hi Guys,
Can anyone shed any light on this
WAR & PIECE!!!!!!!!!!

When I insert the key the message centre says ENGINE DISABLED PRESS REMOTE, but is not responding, albeit I have fitted a refurb fob kit
Now let me explain what is happening so as to be able to give an opinion/solution
1/ key fob will glow but is not locking/unlocking and will only work by inserting key in door which will only lock rear doors but will not unlock, so the tailgate is permanently locked (passenger door always has to operated manually ever since I got it last year, no problem)
2/ there is a bussing noise coming on & off from bcm unit (under driv seat) which will stop for a short time when any of the doors are opened, then restart but after an hr or so will stop completely
3/ yesterday after spending hours trying I got it to run on 2 occasions, about 2hrs apart. (but tailgate still would not open)
so I am now leaving key in aux. pos & exiting via pass. door so as not to engage immobiliser at least I am mobile!!
I live in Portugal (R/R UK Reg) and took it in for a service here and asked to have the passenger lock repaired if poss. when I collected it the garage informed me they unable to repair and also told the drivers dr. mechanism was broken also and subsequently gave me a "piece" which meant I had to use the key to lock/unlock. I do not know if all this has any bearing on the existing problem but thought it better to mention it.
Sorry if all this is long winded but am desperate and p....d off &
no one here seems to know much about them.

Bye the way I purchased a BeCM SYNC-MATE from Blackbox Solutions thinking it may have needed re-syncing. Did not help, only informs me unit "not responding to wake up call". What does that mean???

I have also fitted a "hot fix timer unit" as i had probs. with hot statring
WORKS GREAT, but in solving one has it created another??

I am now able to open tailgate manually with a piece of cord, (thanks to Member LRScott)