General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Painfull story that ended nice. LOL

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 12:58 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Painfull story that ended nice. LOL

well we all have good and bad experiences.Getting the flawless Yami R1 at 750mi for a low price was my good story..... i spent months of reasearch and of course bought it from a friend of a friend. Now comes the bad one. I have posted before about some routine problems, and after two months of no Range they have been resolved.....

Challenge pass emissions: resolution MAF
which gave lean engine codes for bank one and two with transmission codes for 3rd gear ratio.

Needed rear brakes... well i got that done beause it was sitting there at the shop.. sucks though i will do the next set myself.

Replace valve cover gaskets...... GGGGGEEEEEEEEZZZ. well this was not that bad. but in order to do this, air tube assemblies have to be removed, that turned out to be a very big issuse. Rusted and had to be replaced.

Replace Transfer case oil seal... not that bad for the world of Range Rover repairs

and the SRS light was on... that was a loose wire. it did pop on when i got it back but then shut off again. I will keep my eye on it.

When i got the car back the windows where not set, so i almost had a heart attack when it said all windows not set sunroof not set.....all i had to do was roll the window down and back up.

its an awesome truck though.... rides nice and when that MAF is fixed this thing moves.

Old 01-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default RE: The Painfull story that ended nice. LOL

what year is it?

Old 01-15-2007, 11:36 PM
4wd Low

Old 01-15-2007, 11:53 PM
4wd Low

or my R1 is 04, But my light is on and i got this out of it with my reader. let me know what you guys get from it.. here is what i got.
P1412 = Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction (Bank 1)
This is from the EOBD section of the manual.
From the SAI section:
If the vacuum operated SAI control valves malfunction, the following fault codes may be stored in
the ECM diagnostic memory, which can be retrieved using ’Testbook’:
P1412 is one of these, particulary described as : SAI system fault (LH side) - air delivery not reaching catalysts.
(DS note. The Left Hand side is as viewed from the drivers seat, not from the front of the enngine bay looking backwards!).
The above system faults could be attributable to anything which might prevent air delivery to the exhaust manifolds (e.g. disconnected or blocked SAI delivery pipe, disconnected or blocked vacuum pipe etc.)

The car runs fine, I know it has something to do with the work that got done, how bad is this, Exhause is flowing from the car perfectly?