General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with my new RR... laundry list!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems with my new RR... laundry list!

Ahh, good, so that's one thing I DON'T have to fix!

If you could tell me (or take a picture of) the cruise control bellow area when you get a cahnce, that would be of great help to me to get the cruise working.

Thanks, and I'll keep whittling away at this thing!

Old 09-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Mudding

Sorry i havn't replied lately, I would like to set up a time for you to call me and i may be able to give you some step by step instructions. i'll PM you my phone number for that.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:39 PM
Mudding

Ok Fuse 10 is a 30 amp fuse and is for the Front Passenger seat. Fuse 20 is also a 30 amp fuse but is for the Driver Seat. Do the heated seats work and does the power seat switches function if not i would first check if the fuses are good and also check if it's the correct rating.
For the mirror light, I doubt it is a fuse because the mirror dip would not work, nor would the transmission computer or the transfer case computer work. Those would throw error messages as well if the fuse did not work. The bulb used for the mirror is a 1.2 watt light that i'm sure could be found at autozone or advance auto.
The click you describe for the doors, I have a Rachet like click when i open my drivers door, I think it is a peice in the doorway is loose. I will get a picture of that and show you.
For the ash tray, sometimes you just need to press it a lot. If it's stuck i am not sure of a way to repair it.
The Windshield washers, check under the hood and see if the hose is connected, when i bought my rover it was not connected, the whole nozzle assemply is actually cracked, my guess is from the under hood temperatures it is exposed to. I just ziptied the hose on and i get full pressure out of the right side nozzle but the left nozzle is very weak. Glove box latch i imagine wears out over time, maybe your hinge is messes up which causes it to be misaligned. I would not recommend trying to bend it back just so you don't break something.
Does the radio display look like it's been pressed a lot? If so i have the same problem as you and the only solution is to try and replace the display or buy a new radio. Chech the AC with a real set of guages, not the one that comes from like a Walmart refill can. That's all i remember for now, i'll go ahead and get pictures of the cruise control setup and of the door hinge i was talking about

Old 09-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Mudding

Also if you decide to go with Landrover for the accessories you wanted I have part numbers. the Brush Bar, if you want the full wrap around bar, the PN is STC8500AA, if you wanted just the center bar it is STC8501AA The rubber floormats for the front and rear are PN STC8520. The Cargo area rubber mat is STC8526. Basic Roof rack set is RRTH413 and there are many accessories such as Ski Carriers and such that if needed i can post those numbers as well. Sadly Land Rover does not make a winch mount or if they do I don't have the part number.