General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Range Rover is the best car ever created

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 06:16 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range Rover is the best car ever created

Hello, my first post on that forum. Sorry for my english in advance, I hope You can understand me .
I just wanted to tell you that the range rovers are the best car in the world. Few hours ago me and my father had a big crash. Someone, driving a bicycle, suddenly drove in us (probably drunk). My father tried to avoid him and we drove into the forest and crashed into some big tree with about 80km/h... I really thank God for that we were into my fathers range rover, not my own opel corsa. Nothing happened to us, we dont even have any scratch. We left car with our own legs, etc. Of course car is pretty much destroyed, but it absorbed lots of energy and protected us.
Thanks Land Rover team for making that car such a GOOD, COMFORTABLE, and most important SAFE car!

Old 09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They may not be the most reliable things, but they are some of the safest rigs on the road. As pointed out by atancreti the song is terrible, please mute it unless you want to hear swear words. Despite the music, the video detail of all the tests is pretty good. Sorry all, I could not find a more friendly version of the film...

Here is the actual euro ncap version without the idiot youtube user junk added: http://euroncap.com/Player.aspx?nk=8...a-8b7265aa7c4e

Last edited by LRScott; 09-28-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:38 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So true. NOT the best song thought...

Old 09-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol, i had it on mute. Didn't even realize there was music...The music does certainly suck though!

I revised my original post to show the original footage, instead of the garbage on youtube. Sorry about that!

Last edited by LRScott; 09-28-2011 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:59 PM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

I can't comment on the safety of the newest Range Rovers and LR4, ect. but I will say, having been involved in a very serious accident with a 1994 Range Rover LWB when it was brand new, the way the entire side of that truck was peeled away from the impact of a motorcycle makes me serious question its overall safety under certain types of accidents. I had a guy driving a 1978 Harley low rider with a BA level of .30 hit me doing 40 mph. I was traveling at roughly the same speed. Impact was at the driver's side headlight. The Range Rover sustained over $20K (in 1994 dollars) in damage. The driver's side was peeled away like a sardine can. I shudder to think what it would have looked like had the impact been from something more sizable. The motorcyclist, lost his leg at the scene but managed to survive.

Now, I've dismantled well over a hundred Classics and DI's over the years and I'm always struck by how little protection is afforded the passengers. The only thing between the driver and an oncoming truck is a thin piece of aluminum, a window regulator, a thin piece of steel and a foam door car. The main chassis rail is the only thing to really stop a serious side impact and your rear end is sitting right on it! Hardly great protection.

Also, did any of you see the British TV show 5th Gear where they had a DI collide with a Renault Espace? It's frightening.

In one episode of Top Gear where they were discussing new European crash ratings, they showed an LR2 that had been crashed and it was horrible.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:06 PM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

Here's the Espace/DI video.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIKu1UDoa6s

I can't find the Top Gear episode.