General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rover #4 :D

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rover #4 :D

well I just sold my 98 Disco and bought a 98 Range Rover,

The Range Rover is so much nicer and was much more well maintained

180k, just had the head gaskets done by a indie Rover shop, interior is perfect,

the only flaws is the inside drivers door handle is broken, the locks are kinda sketchy, and theres a drain on the battery that will run it down over about 4 days if I dont start it so I was told.

Im excited about this one, the Range Rover just seems to fit me more

Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They really are nice aren't they . I drove my Disco for a good couple of weeks, and forgot just how nice the rangie really is. For sharing such similar designs, its surprising just how different they are. What i don't understand either, is I get 17mpg in my RR and only 13mpg (on a good day) in the Disco.

Try disconnecting your aerial antenna for the alarm system. It will shorten the range on the key fob, but it solved my battery drain issue. I can now let the rover sit for several weeks before it goes dead. newrremedies

Old 09-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

If you would like to try and isolate your power drain you can try this.

Disconnect your battery cable and install a test light between the battery and the cable. Then start pulling fuses until the light does out, when the light goes out that is the circuit that is causing the drain.
Once you have narrowed down the circuit with the drain than you can start disconnecting the stuff connected to that circuit until to find your draw.
Bare in mind you may need to disconnect the clock and radio, as sometimes they have a draw to retian memory.