General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RR HST Tire Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RR HST Tire Trouble

I bought an 09 Range Range Rover Sport with the 20 inch tires. The problem is that there are no decent off road tires available for for 265/50 R20 wheels. I've also bent one of the aluminum wheels in a situation where I find it hard to believe that it bent the wheel. Goodyear and BFG's don't make off road tires for this size. You can't switch to 19 inch wheels because the oversized brakes. In fact there is very few tires that are made for this size. More to come on line in the future I hope. Can't have custom aftermarket wheels made for it because the TPMS won't work with those.

This is a great truck and handles well off road but unless I can find decent tires it's too risky. Nothing will ruin your day more than a blowout and a long walk home.

I have Nittio Tires but here more of a highway snow tire and can't hold up. I just hope I can make this truck to go off road by next summer. If anyone has suggestions it would greatly appreciated.