General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RR Sport SC Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 06:56 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RR Sport SC Tires

I recently traded in my 04 Discovery for a 06 RR Sport SC. I live in Buffalo so we get our share of snow. I love the sport but it does not handle the snow like the Discovery did. Also the truck seems to be all over the road. The dealership aligned it for me twice but it still pulls, I really can't take my hands off the wheel at all. The tires are fairly new but I think they are the problem. Anyone with similar circumstances? Any suggestion on a all around tire for the 20" rims?

Old 01-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RR Sport SC Tires

Are they the stock rims?

Being an 06, there was obviously a previous owner. Could be a bent rim. It might be worth finding a tire shop around you that does Road Force balancing, they'll be able to correctly match the tire and the rim to make it as even a circle as possible.

Michelin Energys are what I have on my Rover, but I just checked TireRack and they only go up to the 18s. Also..I imagine your level of snow would place much more emphasis on the snow traction (the Energy rates mid-low on snow traction) than I ever consider down here in Raleigh.

Shouldn't the dealer be worrying about correcting the pulling since you just got it?

Old 02-02-2008, 05:44 PM
3rd Gear

20s with low profile tires, they are not terrible in the snow and probably a blast in the summer but just not what I was use to. Discovery would go through anything with no worries. Last owner drove low miles, and put snows tires on it in the winter so stock tires only have like 4-5K on them. Maybe snows are the way to go. Probably not cheap though finding snow tires for 20" rims

Absolutely the dealer is going to correct it. Sometimes it helps to tell them where to look. I appreciate the info

Old 11-22-2008, 06:48 PM
1st Gear

I am going through my first winter with the 20 inch wheels. Not sure the summer tires will make it through winter in Chicago ( not as bad as Buffalo). I have had Nokians and Yokohama peradas recommended. Anyone have experience with these?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The problem does not sound like tires. Have the alignment checked. As for Snows I just picked up a set of Pirelli Ice and Snow for my Chicago (suburban/rural) driving.

Old 11-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Three Wheeling

I think alot of the problem is in the 20 inche tires /rims but the big problem is rr tracks alfull and the steering is way to quik makes it hard to drive in a straight line i think they need a different rack lower boost equals not all over the road my 2003 disco steers better as in the car is not all over the road .I mean you have to pay attion to the road if not you are all over the road on the side of the berm.also i have been thinking about this winter how scary this rr would be on the snow covered roads with this tire set up .i think it will be like a sled all over the road.this car may not be a keeper.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Rock Crawling

I have a full size RR and in the winter I have19's with winter tires. It definitely wanders more than with my 20's and summer tires. I don't know if that helps at all but...

Old 11-29-2008, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not sure in what tires the RR-S/C comes with in the US, but in Canada they are summer tires. If you have one if these I would definitely suggest getting winter tires. I would suggest a fittment that is thinner from left to right but the overall height should remain the same. Thinner tires tend to perform better in ice & snow conditions.