General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sory to be posting so much, but little issues with 04 I just got... Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Sory to be posting so much, but little issues with 04 I just got... Advice?

First off, where can I get a shop manual for this thing? 04 HSE

Issues I've discovered

Side mirrors: Fold then unfold right away when you press the button, aren't they supposed to stay pinned back?
Passenger side door lock: Posted about this once already, figured I'd throw it on the list... This lock only works at random.
Drivers Cig lighter: No power
Drivers seat/Steering column: On the same fuse #20 I believe, it constantly blows and I lose the power functions... Annoying because it blows on start up and leaves me with steering in exit mode.
AIR/DSC Inactive message, ABS BRAKE lights on: This happens at random, I drove for 2 hours yesterday... Nothing... I drive 10 min home from work and it happens... If you shut the car off and turn it back on again, the message is gone... It just had brakes done at a non rover dealer, Did they miss something?

Truck is amazing though! Love it, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Mudding
Default RE: Sory to be posting so much, but little issues with 04 I just got... Advice?

super, now my passenger door not only won't unlock via power... It now won't even open.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Sory to be posting so much, but little issues with 04 I just got... Advice?

there is a TIB relating to the fold in mirror fault i have attached it to the post
as to the abs fault, check for speed sensor wires front the brake job, its not uncommon for
people doing a brake job to forget to put them back in the clips or route them wrong
causing them to wear on the tire cutting the wires.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6306/C9051335D41F401EBE1876690D93B357.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6306/BEC51977537248A984226A0F449189ED.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Mudding

Thanks for the info I will def follow those instructions... My new primary concern is the stuck passenger door.. Any tips as to how to even open it?

EDIT: I got it open, temp change the morning brings? Anyway now that it's open, the door lock on the passenger side does nothing 100% of the time, doesn't even make any noises. I also can't seem to find door lock actuators or motors online... does this not work like my old disco... I can only assume it's similar as this same crap would happen every week on my 97

Old 09-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

it's all inside the latch assembly now, so i am guessing that's your problem.
the door panel is harder to take off then the old discovery and even harder to put back on right.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Mudding

Cool, so I need a whole new latch?

This no air/HDC ABS and Brake happens all the time at highway speeds, almost never on side streets...

Old 09-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

as to the eas, and abs lights... does the air susp work correctly when the lights are not on? can you raise and lower it fine. at 62 mph itll lower the car a little, if it doesnt see the right response from the sensors, itll through a fault, also, a fault in the air susp can show up as an abs fault too

Old 09-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Mudding

First, thanks for the help thus far guys!

Around town, under 62mph it functions 90% of the time... The faults comes on few and far between... Now when you pull onto the highway it almost always throws no DHC(I think) and no AIR plus abs and brake light, twice so far I got motorway height, but it failed within 5 min and returned the car to standard height while doing near 70mph.

The error is always cleared on restart and the suspension has full travel, that is until the fault pops up at random or at highway speed.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Mudding

So now I noticed while my range sits... the drivers side front bottoms out in about 20 minutes of stand time. Other wheels seem level, at least I think they are, tough to tell...

I assume it's an air spring, so I go to order the spring... looking over web stores I notice it's now sold as a complete strut/spring combo for the l322? You can't just buy the bag anymore? And it's $900?

Could this be the cause of the no air/hds message and the dsc brake abs light?

Could there be a leak somewhere else in the system causing the sag? Or should I just pony up 900 on a new air strut?

Old 09-06-2008, 11:25 PM
Mudding

Now the drivers side front fails to raise at all... Air suspension message up constant, abs dsc brake lights on all the time. I checked all the fuses, all good... I can't even drive it to the dealer tomorrow I don't think... So annoying...

Quick Reply: Sory to be posting so much, but little issues with 04 I just got... Advice?