General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sory to be posting so much, but little issues with 04 I just got... Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Sory to be posting so much, but little issues with 04 I just got... Advice?

Damnit

Old 09-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Sory to be posting so much, but little issues with 04 I just got... Advice?

theres a good chance its not the bag... theres a small plastic inline connector over on the pass side directly under batt, it cracks due to batt acid leaking on it and causes air to leak... the air that should be going to the drivers side bag... good luck, hope you have a warrenty

Old 09-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Mudding

Wish I had this info yesterday... the weather was too foul to get under it and look, but there was hissing coming from the passenger side, I wrote it off as engine noise... Also there is a brand new battery in the range, so who knows what the stock one looked like when it was removed. Good info...

I get no lights at all on air suspension control when it was picked up this morning... I hope the compressor isn't junk too...

Old 09-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Pro Wrench

its probably just that connector... make sure they use a good amount of cleaner to get ride of any stray acid... also, get a breather for the batt, intertate makes one if thats what youre using, run the breather all the way down to the bottem of the wheel well, below the air harness connector

Old 09-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wondering what faults are stored. Have seen issues with the steering angle sensor/ecu faulting intermittently resulting in loss of air
suspension functionality.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Mudding

Thanks for the comments guys... It's at the dealer now, I'll post up what issues they come back to me with.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Mudding

I picked it up this morning, apparently the suspension hoses under the battery were the issue... But they didn't fix the no air suspension no hds message, or the brake abs and dsc lights... I don't even know what to think at this point... How can you bring it in for service and they don't fix all the related issues...

Old 09-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Pro Wrench

if they didnt fix that take it back... the cause for those lights were the hose. the codes need to be cleared. once the codes are cleared the steering wheel needs to be turned from lock to lock, all the way both ways, this will resynch the steering angle sensor.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Mudding

I heard that could be the issue, but it's an intermittent fault... Still sound like the culprit? It does it 100% on the highway, 5 or so minutes into a highway drive it'll throw "Air suspension inactive HDC in active," including brake, abs, and DSC lights. It does it random on back roads as well. Everything functions propper up until this happens. Still sounds like that sensor you mentioned?

BTW your tech info on the hose under the battery... Awesome man! Thanks a million! They worked on it for a day, no report back... When they called the following day telling me they were still trouble shooting I mentioned what you said... Couple hours later they told me that was it! Really good info!

They were def a little shocked! haha

Old 09-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Pro Wrench

do the lights still come on after the repair???

Quick Reply: Sory to be posting so much, but little issues with 04 I just got... Advice?