General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spring break plans/questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 12:31 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring break plans/questions

I'm home from college on spring break to work on my car and I have a couple f issues that im addressing on a 1995 RRC LWB that i bought recently and am fixing up.

First question is about the power locks. Non of the locks work. I have the keyless entry and the remote starter works on it but the power locks do not. They also don't work when i press the inside locks on the front or with the key in the door. I think fuse b/c i would think one or two would work if it was some sort of motor. Any ideas?

Second question is about the cruise control controls(if that makes sense). My cruise control does not work and the previous owner bought a new control for it that goes on the side of the steering wheel to fix it. How do i get into the steering wheel to replace that? I tried to take off the two bolts on the back of the steering wheel with an allen wrench (the kind with the whole in the middle) but the horn would beep when i touched the bolt. Should i disconnect the battery first?

Third question is about a seat belt. The seat belt on the back right had been taken off to do some interior work and now its locked. It wont let go of the seat belt. I thought it was something to do with the locking mechanism so i tried to pull on it turning it every direction i could. Is there any reason it's locked or should i just take it apart?

Thats all the questions i have right now but im sure over the course of the week i will have more. Thanks!

Old 03-06-2007, 01:30 PM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spring break plans/questions

not sure about 1st and 3rd ques. On the cruise control couple thoughts...have you checked the air lineor rubber vacumm bladder above the throttle cable?