General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about getting a new Rover

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting a new Rover

As some of you know this is my first Range Rover. When I decided to get oneI really wasn't sure if Iwould like it that much and I was concerned with reliability so I decided to lease for two years. As it turns out I love it more than any other car I have owned and will definitely always own one.

Mine is very nice but I don't have the cooled seats or the Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) which I found that Iwant. I have six months until my lease expires and I am already at the contracted mileage. Consequently I thought I would start chatting with the dealers to see about a steeply discounted '08.

The other option I am considering is buying a 2007 (off lease/ 20k miles) supercharged that has the RSE (it comes standard with cooled seats) but the problemis that my local dealerships don't have one. I could wait and turn in my lease and then get one but by the time my lease is up I am going to be waaaay over mileage which is going to mean I am going to have to cough up thousands.

One thing is for sure and that is that I am targeting the low $60,000's for this car as with this economy and the discounts that are out there I would be kicking myself if I paid more.

Any thoughts.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thinking about getting a new Rover

Never would have guessed you love your Rover.

Seems like you have it thought out pretty well. The deals on '08s are amazing and, if you don't have to worry much about the economy, it's a great time to buy/lease.

And.. cooled front seats are oh so nice. At least where live lol

Regards

Old 01-31-2009, 03:43 PM
Rock Crawling

This is kind of on another tangent but you might appreciate it lol. Bought a Maserati GranTurismo last week and the salesman asked if I wanted to trade-in my Rover. I told him no but just for kicks what would it trade-in for. Guesses? 35K. Man did that make me happy I keep mine for the long run.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Rock Crawling

You have excellent taste in cars! I can't believe that they were offering only $35K. My end of lease buyout is $47k (after 2 years and 21,000 miles).

Old 01-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Rock Crawling

My wife tends to hog the maserati's we've owned so I claim they're more her deal... even though I love switching from time to time and really do like this one a lot more then the last (which was beginning to look pretty dated). It sounds like a caged beast let loose. Makes me wish Rovers had more of a growl to em.

47K seems more in line. Not that I would have sold it but the offer gave me and my wife a good laugh. She actually laughed out loud at the offer. She wanted me to get rid of the P38 and made it a condition of getting the GranTurismo but she did a test drive and got tired of waiting for the P38 to go (which isn't going to happen anytime soon). The depreciation of the old GranSport we traded-in was pretty bad but no where near the 35K offered for my Rover.

I really am shocked at 35K for an '07 with rare badging and interior. Especially since it's in flawless condition. Oh well.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Rock Crawling

You know the process though, they want to low ball you so they can make $10k on it. If you go on LRUSA you will see that your car is worth much more.

One odd thing about the current LR sales process is that there isa lack of urgency. One guy I started working with gave up in the first day of negotiationsfor some reason andanother didn't get back to me. Very odd. I know that if I were selling these cars I would be doing absolutely anything to movethem.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Overlanding

I think you should certainly look to replace the Range and although the dealer has not budged yet, there are many dealers that are eager to get their 08's out the door. Just find the right one and I am pretty sure they will even take your 07 off your hands and pay off your lease.