General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the Range Rover says about you...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What the Range Rover says about you...

I think that many times a car says a lot about a person. As my primary car, I believe that the Range Roverdefines me better than ANY other car on the planet.

Words I would use to describe the Range Rover are refined, very capable, athletic andpowerful. These are the same words that I would use to describe myself (if I were interviewing but not usually out loud). I frequentlyconsiderthe Range Rover to bean extension of myselfand I have come to the conclusion that this is the reason why I am not interested in replacing the Range Rover with any other car.

Do any of you feel the same way about your Rover or any of the other cars you own?

Old 01-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Drifting
Default RE: What the Range Rover says about you...

I have to say, I have a self confidence boost now driving to work. Before I had a pile of crap and other employees I think see this.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Drifting

OK, I'll chime in here.

I have always had a nice car, from my first 1963 Lincoln Continental with suicide doors to my Audi Allroad, and 40 cars in between.

I'm seriousily considering buying a used 06 or 07 LR3, HSE of course, (I never ever buy new anything).......I like the fact that the LR3'shave less troubles then the other Rovers, but right now my 2nd car is an old 1995 Range Rover P38 with 139,000 and lots of work to be done on it.

I think this says, I am a masicust, a troubled middle aged nut case who has such a love affair with my Range Rover that I will walk through hell to keep it, which I have done, and will, probably, continue to do.

This is my 5th Audi, I drove each one to well past 150,000, and never any problems, never left me stranded, yes, Audi have the same AIR Suspension difficulties, not remotely as expensive as the RR, but why would I not choose the nice newer Q7????????

Because I'm a nut, who wants to have the BEST Offroader in the world.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi air suspension replacement costs are very similar to Rover's. There's verry little difference.

But I do feel your love and dedication to LR!

Old 01-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Drifting

The Audi Allroads major cost is the bags themselves, the rest of the system is nearly flawless and lasts forever, at least for me, two Allroads, one a 2001 which I still own with 125,000 and everything is as mint as when I bought it and another 2003 which I drove into the ground at 145,000 before I gave it to a famil member.

With the Range Rover you have to worry about no less then 7 different items that all cost a bunch.

My Allroads were hands down, superior in ride, performance, comfort and performance to the last Mercedes I have owned, I LOVE MY AUDI's, butthe Allroad has been sitting in the garage for the past two weeks as I drive the RR, ................it's really an addiction!

Old 01-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Three Wheeling

I must say that I have always admired the RR for many reasons. It is classy, luxurious, and capable. My wife especially loves the RR, and has always wanted one, especially since the new body in 2003. I think this vehicle says that the owner has good taste, and more importantly makes his wife happy.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Mudding

Im a college kid and since I was little I wanted to own a classic like my dad. Well he still has the same one that I grew up in, along with the latter two models, and I finally have my Beluga Black 95 LWB!

There was minor work to be done, coil conversion until I have the time to mess with the EAS, and dont have to use this as my everyday car. I also fixed the tailgate latch, aligned and adjusted front locking actuators, reset alarm and remotes, did all maint. that had not been done, under hood, fluids, sensors, etc.

There are a few more things I want to do in summer to bring it up to speed, but its a beautiful truck and I cant wait to get my hands on an 2003 Black HSE when I grad!