General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

06 LR3 Suspension Fault

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 LR3 Suspension Fault

Hello.

I am nowfrequently receiving a Suspension Fault message. I have attached a video of the 4x4 Info screen. In the video I am driving the vehicle up my driveway slowly for about 8ft and on avery slight incline. I then put it in reverse and drive backwards 8 feet.

Watch the drivers rear tire on the right hand side of the screen. It goes all the way up, then thebeep you hear is when the Suspension Fault indicator comes on, then it drops all the way down. The second beep is when I put it in reverse. Then the tire/suspension seems to reset itself as i slowly drive backwards and then theSuspension Faultindicator goes off.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ilYCcnAngB4

The suspensiondoes lift and lower after this happens, even when I am driving but it happens more often when I am stopped. The drivers rear tire on the 4x4 info screen is constantly floating up and down as the other 3 stay solid.

I took it into my local LR dealership service dept today. They obviously did not diagnose it correctly as they told me it was the battery. Icould tellafter 5 seconds of driving away that it was not fixed. The battery may have needed to have been replaced but not to solve this problem.

Unfortunately I am now not confident that the service writer or technicians at my local LR service department have the ability to fully understand the problem, diagnose it correctly and provide a solution. Plus it is an imported LRfrom the U.S into Canadaand I get the feeling that I am not being treated the same as if it were a local LR vehicle, but I will save that discussion for another post.

Has anyone had this issueor could provide me some information to bring to the service department? I'm not a mechanic myself but it seems that it would likely be a faulty sensor.

Thank you.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 06 LR3 Suspension Fault

I would imagine that the system is similar to the one on my Range (or was on there anyway), which uses a height sensor at each corner to know how far up/down to go. If the systems are indeed similar, I would put my money on the height sensor for that wheel.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 PM
8th Gear

after researching the tech info i would have to agree that it is probably a faulty height sensor.

you would think thattheir IDS would show a code for this. maybe onlyif the suspension fault indicator light is on?

Old 07-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume your lr3 is still under warranty? It doesnt matter if its from the us or canada, the dealer is responsible for its repair. If they cant fix it, there are factory reps sent out to resolve these problems. I would leave the car at the dealership, requesting a loaner untill repaired. this is simple stuff!

Old 08-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Mudding

Don't know if you have large offroad tires, but I ran into an issue of the front wiring to the sensor wearing due to some rubbing at extreme articulation off road. Had to rewire the sensor. Dealer said he tends to see that problem with the large tires.....

Old 08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
7th Gear

Please let us know what the resolution was. I have the same issue.

Thx,
Jim

Old 09-12-2008, 09:33 AM
8th Gear

It was the height sensor. No faults since.