General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2005 RR Susp.Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 02:41 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 RR Susp.Problem

Hi everyone. I have a 2005 Range Rover HSE with 84.000 mi. In the morning I find the suspension has dropped around 1.5 inches all around except the right front goes down 2.5 inches. Once I start the vehicle, the suspension goes back to normal height (29 inches) and stays that way all day. My mechanic told me that this is normal but I did not have this problem before changing the right strut and the 2 front sensors. Once I replaced the right front air strut, I started having problems and the suspension started dropping from one day to the next. I'm thinking I should replace the other front strut (left). Does anyone know if it's normal that the suspension drops more or less 2 inches overnight?

Thanks for your help!

Old 09-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Overnight, it shouldn't drop at all.

First thing that comes to mind, is the fact that you replaced the sensors. Did you have the system re-calibrated? This should be done ANY time a sensor is replaced and unfortunately, requires a high end scan tool, or factory computer.

To see if its an air leak, park the vehicle, then disconnect the battery. If a strut is leaking, then ONLY that corner will drop down, and thats the corner you need to concentrate on. Since the strut is new, if you verify it is leaking, try spraying the connections with soapy water. Perhaps you just didn't get a good connection.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:35 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LR Techniker
Overnight, it shouldn't drop at all.

First thing that comes to mind, is the fact that you replaced the sensors. Did you have the system re-calibrated? This should be done ANY time a sensor is replaced and unfortunately, requires a high end scan tool, or factory computer.

To see if its an air leak, park the vehicle, then disconnect the battery. If a strut is leaking, then ONLY that corner will drop down, and thats the corner you need to concentrate on. Since the strut is new, if you verify it is leaking, try spraying the connections with soapy water. Perhaps you just didn't get a good connection.

Thanks for your quick response. As far as I know, they did recalibrate the system after I changed the sensors. However, I am going to try your other suggestion out and reach out to you with feedback. Thanks again.