General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

'99 D1 SD owner's manual

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '99 D1 SD owner's manual

Was wondering if anyone here has an Owner's Manual for a '99 D1 SD, and can scan/email me the pages that have to do with deciphering all the buttons and switches on the dash and console? I already got the PDF files for the shop manual, and printed out the instructions for proper use of the 4wd gear shift lever, but some of these buttons and switches are beyond me! Thanks!

Old 04-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's a D1 Manual PDF you can download.

http://macassemble.com/lrm/discovery...s%20Manual.pdf

Old 05-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Mudding
Default Mystery switch?

Thanks for the link to the owner's manual, that helped a lot. However, there is this one switch, right next to the left side of the slide-out cupholder, that has me stumped. I for the life of me can't figure out what the sybol means. It looks like a line going over railroad tracks. Picture a pair of parallel lines going front to back, then a solid line going over them left to right. Are the parallel lines supposed to be a road? If so, what's the line crossing them? Have no idea what that switch is for...

Old 05-04-2014, 05:39 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

That's the on/off switch for the cruise control.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Paul Grant
That's the on/off switch for the cruise control.
Of course, it's so obvious now (heavy sarcasm), lol...

On a different note, I have to tell this story. My D1 SD is white, and the fuel door was missing the lock, so I bought a locking gas cap. The locksmith who made my spares said if I could find another lock, he'd be able to make a key for it. So I looked around on eBay, and decided to buy a black fuel door assembly with a lock, and just swap the lock. It cost all of $20, and I got the door in the mail yesterday. I was making plans to take the lock to the locksmith on Monday, so he could make some keys for it. On a whim, I thought to myself, "what the heck, see if the key I already have will work on this fuel door lock". Well, whaddaya know, my key worked perfectly, and opened the lock without any problems, lol!

So I was thinking of just removing the lock and putting it on the white fuel door, but got to thinking, maybe the black door would look better, breaking up all the white on the truck. So I opened the white fuel door, found the two Philipps head bolts securing it, but couldn't budge either one. I took a closer look at everything, and decided to just swap the doors, and leave the white door's bracket bolted in. I have to admit, the black door doesn't look too bad, it kind of "flows" with the black door handles, and doesn't stand out as much as I though it would. I'm planning on getting some bedliner sprayed on at the side moulding on down to the bottom of the sides, and also on the roof. Should really tone down all the white on the truck, and make the black items like the door handles and fuel door blend in a little better.

Old 05-05-2014, 02:42 PM
Mudding

Here's a pic of the black fuel door...

Attached Thumbnails '99 D1 SD owner's manual-d1-sd_20140505d.jpg