General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

ABS/TC Lights Stay On

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:25 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS/TC Lights Stay On

Okay, guys...I'm on to my next issue. The ABS/TC lights arenow staying on all the time. Apparently, this is a common issue with an older disco like mine. The thing is, my mechanic thinks it is probably a sensor, but his code reader won't read the code. I called MAG here locally where I am to get in to read it (and I'm okay with paying their price) but they said it will take all day to read it. I called another import car repair place and they said they would need it for 1/2 a day to see why. Now, I ONLY need the code, as I have a mechanic who works on import cars, but his 2 different code readers wouldn't pull it. Is this really an all day job to pull a code? Is there something that this typically is that I can check first before having to leave my car all day for them to get? Is this even something that "needs" to be fixed? I, like most these days, am on a tighter income and while I am not adverse to performing repairs of the needed kind to keep my baby going in good order, something that could wait until after the first of the year when I have more free cash would be helpful! lol Thanks for your help and input!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: ABS/TC Lights Stay On

What year and model?????
Depennds on the year and model if you can/should wait till later to deal with this.