General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AC

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC

This past few weeks in New York have been really hot and its seems that my AC is not running so cold!!! I don't find any water/condensation like my old Disco, 94, but it does not seem to be as cold as should be...evn when it is on full blast. Also, what is the recomended PSI for the tires, the manual seems to let the tires run low. The manual says 28 front and 36 back tires...any clues?

The Disco in question is an 02!

Old 08-16-2006, 11:10 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: AC

Are you not draining water on the ground, are your drains plugged?
What size tires are you running?
Mike

Old 08-16-2006, 11:27 AM
Overlanding

No water on the ground or found anywhere in or out of the carriage of the car...just the AC is not cold. i am running the stock tires for the hse rims...this is a Westminster Edition...the front are at 30 psi and the back are 36psi...

Old 08-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Overlanding

No water on the ground or found anywhere in or out of the carriage of the car...just the AC is not cold. i am running the stock tires for the hse rims...this is a Westminster Edition...the front are at 30 psi and the back are 36psi...

Old 08-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

For the air pressure I always suggest 35 and 40 instead of what Rover recommends, you will get longer wear from the tires if you run this higher air pressure.
On the A/C, are you sure your compressor is even coming on, go find the teo lines from the compressor and while the engine is running see if one line is real cold, the other will be nearlt hot. If it is not cold, you have a problem.
My reason for questions if the A/C is working is because if it were working you would have some water dripping from time to time while driving or when you park.
Mike