General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AC Not Blowing, any ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:29 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Not Blowing, any ideas

Hello,

I have an '03 Disco. I had noticed over the past 3 weeks, my AC would stop blowing for a few seconds (long enough for me to notice and give my dash a puzzled look) then it would start back. Well, of course, it stopped the other day, and never started back. I have only had the car about 6 months and don't know where to begin. When the switch is on, and i turn the AC on, the fan on the front of the radiator will turn on. I have checked the fuses, but nothing was wrong. Where should i start to get my AC to blow cold air again?

Thanks in advance,
Damiean

Old 08-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: AC Not Blowing, any ideas

So is it only the blower motor that is not working, does the fan work on vent or heating?
Does the compressor stay on when the fan is not blowing?

Old 08-18-2007, 11:37 AM
6th Gear

DiscoMike,

Thanks for the quick reply. After my post i went back out and took a look under the dash. I have recently pulled the carpet back and that cardboard cover from under the glovebox so that i could check my A/C drain (due to a wet floor problem). I retraced my steps and as i was fooling on the cardboard under the dash, the A/C began to work.

I assume i had accidentaly knocked a wire loose. Maybe the cardboard was pressing against a wire or terminal and keeping it from making a solid connection. As of now, the A/C is back to blowing like a champ. I know the correct thing to do would be remove the cover and see exactly what was loose, and make sure it is now tight. I just hate pulling those clips out by hand, I am always afraid of breaking them. I am going to get a tool that removes them safely and check out the connections this week.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Mudding

sounds likea resister pack going south