General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Air Ride and Electrical Q's 97 Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 06:15 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Ride and Electrical Q's 97 Range Rover

So I have been thinking of purchasing a 96 Range Rover SE from a good friend of mine. He let me take it and drive it for a few days to make sure I want it. Well on the way home, I was messing with the radio trying to access the auxillary CD changer. I was playing disc 4 and tried to switch disc's. As soon as I hit the #1 button the radio display went completely dead. No sound, nothing. So I figured I blew a fuse. Checked the underhood fuses - all ok. Checked the fuses on the passenger seat - all ok. Did some reading in the owners manual and the only thing I came up with was that it was 5 degrees out when opperating and manual states it should not be used in temps lower that 14 degrees. But I wouldnt think that would matter. So curriosity got to me so I pulled the radio out expecting to find a blown fuse on the back side. Nope, the 3 amp fuse was good and I had power at the purple wire and at the White/Pink wire and also a good ground.

Do you think I was unlucky and the radio crapped out right then and there or is there something easy I am missing?

Also the air ride compressor cycles on and off when just siting at a stop light, parked or driving. You can feel the little thing buzzing. The mode is set and it shouldnt be trying to adjust. The only thing I can think is that it is leaking air so the compressor keeps kicking in to catch up. I called the Range Rover dealer and they said that it shouldnt cycle like that. So I checked the lines and Bags and everything looks good. I put it all the way up and it is sitting in the garage right now. So maybe I will be able to tell if it is leaking if I come out in a few hours and it is low.

Am I on the right track??? Any help would be great. Thanks

Old 11-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Administrator
Received 101 Likes on 83 Posts
Default RE: Air Ride and Electrical Q's 97 Range Rover

Can't help you with the radio issue. On the suspension, my D2 with rear air cycles some while driving, off road it does alot and while parked. It does this because of the trucks movement, the angle of the truck or just because you are moving around in the truck or wind will also cause it.
How many miles on the truck? If you had a bag or line leaking, that corner would drop when parked over night, if that is not happening, I wouldn't wory about it.