General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

air suspension replacement help 03 range rover

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 10:15 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air suspension replacement help 03 range rover

so here is what im up against. i have a 03 range rover with 100k on it that ive had for almost 5 years. when i bought it i noticed that every winter/cold conditions the rover would be lowered when i got into it. When i would start the vehicle it would rase to its normal driving height. as time went on the car would do it time to time at stop lights. now currently the vehicle has stayed sunk all the way down with the bags deflated now for some time.

it reads -Air suspension inactive
-HDC inactive
as far as i have reserched all sighns point to a bag going out and shutting the system down so it doesnt burn out the compressor. HERES THE QUESTION

Im leaning towards buying the bags for front and back off line and doing the job myself but i was wondering if i change them out will the system automaticly recognise that they are new, reset and raise the car or is there something i need to do? i dont want to put new bags on and it not raise just to drive on them and ruin it. Im also in springfield mo and the closet land rover shop is in saint louis witch is a 3.5 hour drive and is out of the question. Please help. thanks