General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Alarm system problems 96 Disco I SE7

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm system problems 96 Disco I SE7

When I bought my LR DI SE7 i was told that there was a problem with the alarm system and that I would have to go around andlock/unlock all the doors with the key. Thekey ring alarm diactivator didn't work nor could I unlock the doors with it. I went to an sterio/alarm shop and they bypassed the alarm system and my disco would fire up no probs for a year. Yesterday I went to turn on my disco and it wouldn't crank. After waiting around for the wife, I started to collect trash and opened all the doors to do so. I tried to ignition again and it turned on again. dashed over to walmart since the guy I bought it from had installed a walmart battery. battery was dead. They installed a new battery and wouldn't start. ???? SH%t So I called the wife again and went home and started to pout. I went back and thought I would lock/unlock all the doors like in the beginning. Turned on. What tha!!! Got home tried to turn it on and no go. Crap!!!! Next morning I opened all the doors and tried it and barrrooooomm.. This is really getting on my nerves. I closed all the doors and tried it and no go. I opened all the doors and it started. I tried opening all the doors one at a time and found out that it only starts if I have the back gate open. Now this is crappy but it works. now the other problem with my back gate is that the latch mechanism does not work. When I bought it I have to take the panel off and fix a wire to the insides and now I can only open it from the back seat with a long stick and lift up on it to unlatch it. But it works.

My question is, will an after market alarm fix my problem with the ignition??? I live in Imperial, Ca