General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Am I missing something here? DVD wont play

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 01:44 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I missing something here? DVD wont play

OK, so I am either a complete idiot or something is wrong here... Just picked up my second RRS, a 2010 and got the Rear Entertainment. Put a DVD in, have picture and sound however I cannot get past the DVD Menu Screen??? You know the annoying screen when you put a DVD in that keeps playing the same music and you press play and the DVD starts... Well, when I press play the DVD does not start either on the headrest screens or the main screen. (I am not trying to get the DVD to play on the main screen while moving, just to play in the headrests) I have tried this in Park and Drive, with the main touch screen and the remote? Is there some type of trick here? Again, I have the DVD menu on the DVD and the DVD picture and sound but I cannot select screen selection or play or anything and I have spent hours on this already

Please help, leaving for a road trip with the wife and kids tomorrow afternoon and it would be great if this would work, I have even tried different DVD's.

Thanks guys, I cannot find any information on this anywhere.

Adam

Old 02-21-2010, 04:34 PM
3rd Gear

no one has any ideas here? For the life of me, i cannot get it to change from the DVD play menu to begin playback of the DVD, its like it is locked or something yet I am in Park... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Old 02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
3rd Gear

Went to dealer, solution is new DVD Changer... Alpine DVD changer is defective. Glad to see I am not the idiot here