General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

CAN ANYBODY OFFER SOME ADVICE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:13 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAN ANYBODY OFFER SOME ADVICE?

I have a 2000 Land Rover Disco 2, 140,000 miles.

As you can see my Front Driver's Side Window has malfunctioned. It will not rollupor down.Being comfortable with tools Iremoved the door trim package inside, disconnected thespeakers,and have carefully removed the moisture barrier. It didn't take long for me todiscover a crescent shaped gear laying inthe bottom of the inside of the door frame.It is greased andlooks to be in good shape. I assume it is supposed to be connected directly to the window motor. I stopped and decided before I got too far into this little project to ask for help, as the space is tight.

So,.... should Ipull the motor andreassemble the crescent gear with the other components? The window seems to still be on track, all the switches look good, etc. Also, I am assuming this cresecent shaped gear should fasten to the motor with something?
What is it? Can you kind of touch on how tomost efficiently get the motor in and out.

Thank you very much!!!!

Old 01-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Overlanding
Default RE: CAN ANYBODY OFFER SOME ADVICE?

Your window regulator has self destructed. Very common and easy to replace. The one-touch feature puts a lot of stress on them and they pop frequently.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:05 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: CAN ANYBODY OFFER SOME ADVICE?

GetPlaning,

Thank you for your help. Can you refer me to a resourcethat showsstep by step how to change the regulator?

Thank you,

NEW2ROVERREPAIR