General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Down on bump stops, compressor quits at 11 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2020, 03:04 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Down on bump stops, compressor quits at 11 seconds

Hi all, I have a 2012 Range rover sport, 70.000 miles, yesterday i left my drive and within 20 seconds a suspension amber light came on and said "normal height available only", i carried on for about 5 miles and could feel the suspension wasn't adjusting/assisting around corners. i stopped and thought to cancel the light so i switched off the engine and then back on, i then attempted to adjust the ride height, (stupid stupid stupid). i think i set it to entry level but it ended up on its bump stops!!!! after panicking a drove home at 30 mph, it felt like the front end had dipped more than the rear but then the back really slumped, the ride was bloody bumpy but bouncy???

Arriving home i pulled the following codes:
C1131-92 Air supply, (was intermittent now permanent)?
C1A20-64 Pressure increases too slow when filling Reservoir (was permanent now intermittent)?
C1130-7a Air spring air supply (cleared and stayed clear)
U0421-68 ABS, (invalid data received)
Also each time i start the car the compressor runs for 11 seconds then cuts out, then the warning throws up on the dash.
I have done my best to use the 11 seconds to test all the joints etc with soapy water but im not convinced the system has pressure enough to test?? i cant hear any air escaping either.

what else could i do before a start ordering parts/new compressor?
can i test the compressor? or charge the system some how to check for leaks, Help me! sniff sniff

Old 11-19-2021, 07:56 PM
1st Gear

Did you ever find out what was causing this? I am having the exact same issue with the same codes! We have replaced the compressor, found a few pin hole leaks in tank but got them sealed. Can not figure out what is going on.

Old 09-01-2022, 01:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by RRL220 france
Hi all, I have a 2012 Range rover sport, 70.000 miles, yesterday i left my drive and within 20 seconds a suspension amber light came on and said "normal height available only", i carried on for about 5 miles and could feel the suspension wasn't adjusting/assisting around corners. i stopped and thought to cancel the light so i switched off the engine and then back on, i then attempted to adjust the ride height, (stupid stupid stupid). i think i set it to entry level but it ended up on its bump stops!!!! after panicking a drove home at 30 mph, it felt like the front end had dipped more than the rear but then the back really slumped, the ride was bloody bumpy but bouncy???

Arriving home i pulled the following codes:
C1131-92 Air supply, (was intermittent now permanent)?
C1A20-64 Pressure increases too slow when filling Reservoir (was permanent now intermittent)?
C1130-7a Air spring air supply (cleared and stayed clear)
U0421-68 ABS, (invalid data received)
Also each time i start the car the compressor runs for 11 seconds then cuts out, then the warning throws up on the dash.
I have done my best to use the 11 seconds to test all the joints etc with soapy water but im not convinced the system has pressure enough to test?? i cant hear any air escaping either.

what else could i do before a start ordering parts/new compressor?
can i test the compressor? or charge the system some how to check for leaks, Help me! sniff sniff

Hi
This is my exact problem!
Did you ever find a solution?
I can only hope...