General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dreaded black screen... tried everything

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 09:29 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dreaded black screen... tried everything

Hey guys, fantastic forum, thought I best join up, good thing I did... 2 weeks into ownership troubles have started.

I’ve got a 2006 L322 Vogue SE 4.4 (AJV8)

Driving home yesterday, sound started going in and out (we’d had heavy rain) so sort of knew what to expect. Got home, checked Bluetooth module, bingo, signs of corrosion. Did the fibre close loop trick and it powered up, then off again, then back on. Left it as is. Now I’m at the point where I’ve got nothing, no screen, no flashing light, nothing.

Checked all modules, no signs of water ingress bar the Nokia kit, checked all fuses (all ok), tried battery resets etc still nothing. Had the car in bits today, no fibre output from the headunit into the radio module, no signs of fibre in the boot, also checked the rear entertainment fuses, these don’t have any power going to them whatsoever. One thing I have noticed is the navi drive doesn’t eject the DVD, press the button nothing happens but there is power to the unit. A few other forums have suggested when the loop is broken, the most system won’t power up, but the navi drive doesn’t have a fibre optic input, so would this cause the problem?

Clutching at straws unfortunately. Thanks in advance guys