General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Drivers door will not open

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 11:01 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers door will not open

Please help.

I just replaced the actuator on the drivers door, with a second hand one and now I cant open the door, The lock seems to go up and down with the key and the fob, but the door just doesnt open. Anyone with any ideas of how to get the door opened ?

Old 04-10-2017, 07:41 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds like you may have forgot to connect something or not connected it right lol, see if you can get the door panel off enough to reach in there and manually pull the cable to unlatch the latch.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:11 AM
TReK
Received 653 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by S-Jay
Please help.

I just replaced the actuator on the drivers door, with a second hand one and now I cant open the door, The lock seems to go up and down with the key and the fob, but the door just doesnt open. Anyone with any ideas of how to get the door opened ?

You left out some important INFO......WHAT model of LAND ROVER are you working on????????????

Old 04-10-2017, 04:16 PM
3rd Gear

Its a Discovery 2 2002 model TD5, Luckly the inside panel is still off and so is the glass, and I managed to remove the drivers seat too. All the other doors open close, lock and unlock. The drivers door locks and unlocks too, but will just not open. I have pushed the latch that opens from the outside all the way down with a bar, still no luck, I even hot wired the two wires that go to the two motors in the lock and can hear and see the lock going up and down. But the door just will not open.
Please help.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:54 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by OverRover
You left out some important INFO......WHAT model of LAND ROVER are you working on????????????
Its a Discovery 2 2002 model TD5, Luckly the inside panel is still off and so is the glass, and I managed to remove the drivers seat too. All the other doors open close, lock and unlock. The drivers door locks and unlocks too, but will just not open. I have pushed the latch that opens from the outside all the way down with a bar, still no luck, I even hot wired the two wires that go to the two motors in the lock and can hear and see the lock going up and down. But the door just will not open.
Please help.