General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Rear Passenger door stuck will not open from inside but will open from the outside

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Passenger door stuck will not open from inside but will open from the outside

Hi
I am new to the forum. I have a 2000 Landrover Discovery II. The rear passenger door will not open from the inside but will open from the outside although the remote unlocks and locks it perfectly. What could be the problem?

Also I have 52,000 miles on it and my Check engine light stays on. What could be the problem?

Lastly my top brake light is out, Could it be a fuse or bulb?

Old 07-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Rear Passenger door stuck will not open from inside but will open from the outside

The door lock arm on the handle is not connected. either broke or slipped off. To see what it is remove the latch cover, the door cover, the water barrier(a plastic cover) and take a look. If you have the ability that is what i have done. It is not difficult, but is a pain in the tush. The engine check light is more than likely a computer glitch. you can take it to some parts stores, some have the reader uplinks and they can point you in the right direction. Usually it is just a reset of the switch in the computer.
The light you are talking about is the third light on top, I presume. The odds a bulb. There should be a guide to bulb replacement and fuse info in the owners manual. If not take the bulb out and an replace it. 90% of the time it is the bulb. In the faq. section of the forum there may be other answers. Welcome to the forum. I have a 96 disco with 130k on it and going strong. If i can help just hollar. gotta love a rover. duboff

Old 07-28-2005, 12:23 AM
Winching
Default RE: Rear Passenger door stuck will not open from inside but will open from the outside

The rear passenger door will not open from the inside but will open from the outside although the remote unlocks and locks it perfectly. What could be the problem?
Not a problem. Child safety lock engaged, check your owners manual.