General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

EAS

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 11:26 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EAS

Okay here the latest problem
96 P38
I replaced the rear bags only and repaired the air pump. At first the rears stayed at normal height the fronts laid down. I drove it for about an hour on the freeway and the rfronts corrected and the EAS worked properly 2 days latter it faulted. The shop reset and recalibrated and now the fronts and rears will not pump up at all. The pump works only for a short time. The ride height ind. is in the lowest mode and will not move. Both front and rears at the same height. Anybody have an idea or go to springs

Old 12-01-2005, 02:10 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EAS

This was my Deal,

I brought my 99 Hse in for some Climate Control Test book and told them the truck was also lowering a little when left for a few days. The descided to do 3K in EAS repare under warranty. The Valve Block was replaced and some othe stuff. I got the truck back and the air compressor seemed to be always on and when coming to a complete stop it would go off and on again when accelerating. Did not seem normal at all so brought it back and they did not find anything wrong. Well OK but when I got it back I noticed that the Passanger side road 1 inch lower in all ride hieghts. Now I was pretty upset and brought to them to Recalabrate was told they can not calabrate side to side only front rear. OK so why is one side low? The descided to Recalabrate and come to find out they were missing the small set of blocks. They did the best they could and now the truck is 2 inches higher in the front than the rear in all hight settings. The dealer is 100 miles away and NO HELP as you can see. I descided to convert to coils and not deal with the hassle, pain, and all the bull of the sub par dealership. I will be converting it this week-end and will post my thoughts about the ride. My thoughts, $800 and never deal with EAS again seems fair. Don't get me wronf the EAS is nice and all but do not use it enough to miss it.