General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Engine Won't Start - "Gearbox Fault" & "ABS Fault"

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Engine Won't Start - "Gearbox Fault" & "ABS Fault"

Hi all,

So I went to start my vehicle today, only to find that it wouldn't start. The dashboard shows a "Gearbox Fault" and "ABS Fault". A couple of weeks ago, I had my transmission rebuilt by Mr. Transmission. They replaced all the friction materials, the torque converter, fluids, etc. The vehicle has been running fine since then, and has driven a total of about 700km. There were no symptoms. Now, I try to start the vehicle and along with those faults and their accompanied "BEEP"s, I can hear a "Click-Click-Click" coming from my engine bay, similar to a sound you get when there's a very nearly dead battery, but more mechanical. I also don't think it is a dead battery, as my ignition and interior lights turn on fine. The sound almost sounds as if something is preventing the engine from turning on.

I am going to call Mr. Transmission and see what they have to say. However, I also want to know what you guys have to say.

Thanks,

John

Last edited by jmason; 03-12-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOO everybody. I would like to apologize for my little panic attack.

It was indeed a flat battery. I guess I had had transmission work done on it so recently that as soon as I saw the "Gearbox Fault" message I freaked out.

I'll just show myself out now...

Old 03-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Its all good man, its all good.