General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP! 2003 RANGE ROVER problem *mechanic says alternator* vehicle is disabled......

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 04:14 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! 2003 RANGE ROVER problem *mechanic says alternator* vehicle is disabled......

so let me tell you what happend prior to it, chicago was hit with negative 30 degree temps, i left the range rover (03 model) outside for the night. when i came back to it in the morning and started it, it had a slight louder initial "vroom" when you turn the ignition....so anyways the battery light came on. i thought nothing of it and went on the highway. i also remember that for the past few weeks the ac/fan would slightly mutter or kind of go into higher and lower hums....so anyways im driving ont he highway and its all good, radio is on and all. then the radio shut off. and i remember gassing it up was funny. so i signaled to the off ramp to get out. doing this my suspension light came on. something like suspension check, or problem. i dont quite remember. so i turned on a side street and at this time it was difficult to gas the car, i would gas it up and it would only drive a little. once managed to park it i turned it off. i tried to turn it back on and it wouldnt even start. just the bat tlight came on. i went outside and checked the car and the rear suspension looked SUPER low. the front looked normal.

dealer says its ana alternator which is msrp over 1200. i think i found one for 500.

my questions are is this an alternator issue? the car wont even start up unless its hooked up to jumper cables the mechanic said. its still disabled at the shop and still the rear suspension is super low.

how much of an issue is this?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: HELP! 2003 RANGE ROVER problem *mechanic says alternator* vehicle is disabled......

How does $225 sound??
http://www.roverlandparts.com/alternators.aspx