General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help needed with wiring of Wipers and Brake Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 02:30 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed with wiring of Wipers and Brake Running Lights

So to start off, my front wipers on my 2006 Land Rover LR3 SE were not working at all. I tried replacing the relay and that didn’t work. Then I tried getting a new wiper motor entirely and that didn’t change anything. I tested the plug for the motor and it showed voltage coming into the plug but the motor not working which was odd since it was a new part I got on eBay. That’s when I looked into these forums and found someone mention about the wiring of the brake lights causing the wipers to not work when the brake lights went out. I went to investigate the lights and it appeared that the left brake light was dimmer than the right. I plan to replace that eventually but I also came upon another problem. When I had the running lights set and I hit the brakes, the lights completely shut off in the back! I’m not sure if anyone else has had this experience but I thought to throw it out to see if there’s a chance anyone knows how to solve this without being forced go to the dealership and drop $175 for a diagnostic check(I’m a poor college student who inherited this vehicle). Any help is welcomed, thanks!