General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

LR4 DSC Vehicle Lowered for Safety

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 02:36 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR4 DSC Vehicle Lowered for Safety

Question for a more experienced LR owner. I recently purchased a 2013 LR4 and have done some light to moderate off roading with exceptional performance, until this weekend. I decided to try beach driving for the first time. I prepared by raising to off road height, selecting the sand special program and switching off the DSC....so I thought. Several hundred yards into the sand, the DSC warning came on, the vehicle lowered and special programs were no longer available. This caused me to become grounded in very soft, deep sand. When I attempted to raise the truck again, the message read suspension fault, vehicle lowered for safety. Or something similar to that. I helpful group got me out of the ruts I had dug and I turned off the truck and regrouped. I flipped through the manual quickly and realized I likely had not shut off the DSC by holding the button for a moment. I started over with the DSC clearly off this time and things went much better. My question is, if the DSC senses traction issues, will it lower the vehicle and shut down access to the special programs? Thanks for any input.

B