General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

LR4 Wet Road Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 05:00 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR4 Wet Road Issue

Hey 👋 I’m new to the forum. I recently bought a 2013 LR4 HSE Lux with about 55k miles. I’ve already put over 1k miles on it and love the ride. I’ve owned many trucks and SUVs over the years but never a LR.
Yesterday I was on the interstate with intermittent rain. I had a real heavy rain shower, continued at about 70mph with no issue. A few minutes later, while in some traffic, a moderate rain shower popped up and I had a hard time controlling the vehicle at 40mph. About 30 minutes later, this occurred again. There wasn’t any noticeable standing water, at least not puddles up real bad. My tires have excellent tread and only around 5k miles on them.
it felt sort of like hydroplaning but my instinct says it was the vehicle doing something. It really felt like it was pulling me back and forth, to the point of struggling to stay in my lane. I slowed way down, moved to the slow lane and stayed around 30mph until it quit raining. I’m the type of driver that powers through a rain storm but this felt really unsafe. I thought I would hit another car or end up in the grass.
Is there some type of traction control issue you think might have been malfunctioning or could be switched off? Has this happened to any of you?