General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need Help with 01 Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 02:47 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with 01 Range Rover

Hello

I have an 01 Range Rocer 4.6 HSE that starts one day and not the next::

Once started it will run and start for the rest of the day

It has been doing this for about 2 months

We have changed fuel pump but this has not solved the problem

Checked fuses and found no issue

Very hard to start most mornings but always starts except for today won't start at all.

Heard fuel pump kick on fist start but can't hear it now

Also I have alarm fault code when I put key in ignition( not sure if this may be causing fuel to shut down)

Run and drove fine yesterday and like I said its been doing this off and on for awhile..

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I don't have the money to take it to the dealership.

Any trouble shooting tips...anything I can reset....maybe wait and try to start later?? No idea what's going on.
Thanks

Last edited by Webbiz Innovations; 10-31-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:46 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

if it turns over it might just be a crank sensor. check the fuel pump relay for damage. Have seen the same vehicle have issues with the wiring to the pump. There is a splice just past the inertia switch that can go bad.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:51 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I was just trying anything and everything so I pulled all fuses from engine compartment (4 that show motor with lightning bolt) and switched them with others such as fan fuses ect --turned ignition and it fired right up--drove about 30 miles--turned off and on about 5 times once I got back home fired every time--ran perfect for those 30 miles--plenty of power, no misses or hesitation--like a new machine!! So my question is could one of those fuses be the problem?? As stated before have a new fuel pump and the Rover just decides to do this every few days and has been doing so for a very long time which makes me think it's not fuel related or should I say not the fuel pump itself...Any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks Again